Tuesday, February 24, 2009

logistics and maternity

We're looking into professional print labs, and the choices are making our heads spin! So far, I've researched collages.net, Mpix, Pictage, and SmugMug. And so far, I'm liking collages.net, mainly because it offers everything we need and more. Does anybody have any other suggestions out there? They would be greatly appreciated! :)

In other news, we have our first newborn/family shoot this weekend in Virginia-- Chris' cousin just had a baby (well, his wife did), and we're excited to snap photos of the little guy! Mike and Charlotte were gracious enough to be our guinea pigs back in early December and let us do our first maternity shoot with them:





Given that Chris and I had virtually no idea what we were doing (apart from Googling images of maternity shoots), I think these turned out pretty well! It also helped a lot that Charlotte was the cutest pregnant woman I've ever seen. I'm excited for this weekend! :)

6 comments:

  1. hi faye! thanks for the blog love! i didn't know you and chris were getting into photography, that's awesome! where are you guys located now? :) sorry for the comment confusion. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, catie, we're such n00bs! we're still beefing up our portfolio. we're currently in philly (chris is out here for pharmacy school), so it's very difficult finding people who are willing to pose in 30-degree weather. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Faye!

    Thanks for the comment. I wish you all the best as you start your business! It's such an exciting time.

    This mommy-to-be looks so beautiful! And teeny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks jasmine! i'm super scared and excited at the same time! thank god i have a super supportive husband is willing to see me to and through this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post! Congrats on the photography venture :) It's such a great part of life for me, so best of luck!

    And I'm switching over to Smugmug :D

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Faye!! I just wanted to stop by to say a huge thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving those lovely lovely messages! Aren't you a total star!! Anyhow, I really love that close up shot of the belly with the hands on it... I'd be proud of that shot if I were the mom!! By the way, I see you are from the states!! How awesome! I'll be heading to the states for a bit, sometime next year and its always so great to meet or bump heads with another american photographer! Please keep in touch! :D

    ReplyDelete